Wednesday 21 September 2011

Something has to change.....

and I think it's got to be me :-(

So this is my life at the moment. I've lost baby weight after LL was born, and I'm trying to keep it off. I'm also juggling a house and various work/hobbies. I love wine and I love food.



I love a glass of wine to relieve the stress, and then another, then another.......
I can either spend a week eating ultra healthily and not drinking, or a week eating and drinking what the hell I want, and never the twain shall meet.

WHY OH WHY can't I just eat and be average like a normal person??!!!!

So it was Monday morning which made me think of the title for this post. My weekends consist of getting to about 3pm and having a nice relaxing glass of wine. The problem is that I can't quite put my finger on the fine line between 'nice relaxing glass of wine at the weekends' and 'slightly too much and falling asleep on the sofa by the evening'. Don't get me wrong - I've got two young children and don't loll about the house hopelessly drunk and incapable; but by the time they've gone to bed I - how shall I put it? - well I wouldn't get behind the wheel of a car.

I like to think that, while it's not right, I'm not the only parent who does this, and would go so far as to say I'm probably not in the minority. But my general state of being at the moment is waking up in the morning in a bit of a panic, with a general aura of unease around me; "I didn't quite achieve what I should have yesterday because I was catching up on old episodes of Miss Marple with a cold glass of white" or "well there's no way I'm getting on the scales this morning after my roast dinner/chocolate/wine/crisps binge yesterday".

So I suppose the question is; do I just say 'sod it, life's too short' or do I say 'I feel so much better the morning after a day of eating healthily and having one small glass of wine (even though I find those sort of days interminably dull!!).

As I write, I'm already looking forward to my first crisp, cold glass of white straight out of the fridge which I will drink whilst listening to TS telling me about his day and to LL making car noises (his new favourite noise). And I really have no desire to be 'average', maybe just a little bit more sober........

No comments: