Thursday 15 September 2011

In the words of Homer Simpson....

Can't talk, eating......



Which is pretty much what I've been doing for the past week or so. Eating and drinking like a crazed monster. It seems to have stopped now and I'm back to normal, but with tight trousers :-(

If anyone has followed this far and is interested, the sneezing continues apace, with about 6 or 7 a day. Yesterday was filled with what I like to call proper sneezing which possibly foretells a cold or some such annoyance. Blaaaah.

Life has been busy since I posted last:

A new bed
An unused voucher
Non-shopping for toiletries
A funeral
A funny story about a Stannah Stairlift (see funeral)
An email to an ex (no response - waiting patiently)
A Pirate Pantomime
2 delightful little boys
A decision about a friend (yet to be acted upon)

to name but a few of the things which have been filling up my time as well as the usual humdrummmmm of the week.

The New Bed is, and I'm not exaggerating, quite possibly the most exciting thing to happen to me since my youngest son was born. It's been an ongoing project born out of the arrival of the aforementioned son and the fact that all 4 of us (Boyfriend (BF) Top Son (TS) Youngest Son (LL) and Me) don't all fit into the previously fine double bed. In the mornings I like to lounge with my boys, and being pushed out by the youngest ones (not to mention BF in the middle of the night) just doesn't cut it.

I won't bore you with the long and tedious details but the long and short of it is that for the past 3 weeks we've been sleeping on a double mattress, placed like a foam island on a superking bed. A foot of space surrounded us, slats primed for getting little feet stuck and for books to fall through. On Sunday night I slipped into what I would describe as Bed Heaven. Plush superking mattress, clean cotton sheets, large plump pillows (and the obligatory glass of wine). In the morning my patience was finally rewarded when all 4 of us cosied up with tea, bottles of milk and a stuffed cat, and wallowed in the enormousness which is The New Bed. That's not me in the pic by the way :-)



Hasn't stopped me sneezing, so I guess I wasn't allergic to the old one.......

No comments: