Friday 6 January 2012

Early Menopause?

So on to my next panic/worry....

I've got two children - my lovely 8 year old from my disastrous marriage, and my lovely nearly 2 year old with current BF. We want another, and our family will be complete :-)

Youngest son was conceived after a year of trying, followed by drugs :-)



I have just come off the pill, waiting until an upcoming skiing holiday was out of the way (just in case!)

The night before last I was literally drenched in sweat all night - coming off the booze perhaps? I haven't had a drink for 4 days (not much I know, but an achievement nonetheless) so of course I googled it......

One of the most common causes of night sweats in women over 40 is the hormonal changes related to menopause and perimenopause. This is a very common occurrence during the menopause transition years and while annoying, it is not necessarily dangerous or a sign of underlying disease. Some women experience night sweats during pregnancy due to hormonal changes.


Of course this isn't the only solution but it caught my eye - when I was being tested to see if I was ovulating last time (I wasn't) they checked to see if I had started the menopause (I hadn't). What if I have now? What if I can't have my 3rd baby?

It's selfish I know, some people yearn for years for the chance just to have one, and I would be able to be content with my beautiful boys but still........

I'm ringing the doctor today to start the ball rolling................



No comments: